My Weight-loss Story
by JAN HARTZER – Winner of the Men’s Fat Loss Challenge: 2017
For years, I’ve struggled with weight-loss issues.
Yes, I am that kind of person that goes up and down on the scale, more up than down, even when I am eating healthy!
What was I doing wrong?
I have tried other weight loss programs and was either extremely hungry or just not interested in doing it.
Until I stumbled upon this incredible challenge. Try Mannatech and if you feel it doesn’t work get your money back. What did I have to lose? It worked and I had weight to lose, apparently! THIS WAS HUGE!!!
Let me first tell you that I don’t usually review or advertise or say anything good about products other than my own Company’s and I am not making money from Mannatech to tell you my story. It is just that the products not only helped me to loose weight but also gave me energy and with all that extra energy it helped me through a very tough and very busy period of my business.
These products aren’t like any other shake and multi-vitamins that you buy on the shelves. I can promise you that.
I have been looking for answers to my weight-loss and energy-loss issues for years. I knew it was more than just about “losing the weight”, or “getting back the energy” – it was figuring out what was going on mentally that was going to make the difference.
After using the two products for a month, I had the answers to what was going on with me and the solutions to getting back my energy. Pretty powerful stuff!
What I didn’t eat
Giving up sugar, cheese, eggs, bread, burgers, and chocolates for an entire month was nothing that I would have ever considered doing! Sure I already tried to stay away from wheat, gluten and eat minimal grains, but I love my cheese and sugar.
What I ate
Most of the ingredients were organic. As and when I could get. I should note that I gave up drinking all alcohol for this diet as well but replaced it with water. Lots and lots of water. Here is what a typical day on this diet looked like for me:
- Upon waking – I drink a very large glass of water with two Mannatech Ambrotose capsules. This helps detox the liver.
- Breakfast – either a Chocolate or Vanilla shake (my cheat was a cup of coffee – Yes, I know I wasn’t supposed to, but that is one thing I just could not give up).
- Mid-morning – fruit (apple, orange, pear, etc.), celery sticks (I ate until I was full).
- Lunch – either a Chocolate or Vanilla shake.
- Mid-afternoon – as I was in the office most of the times I ate nuts (usually a handfull) or fresh fruit.
- Dinner – mixed salads made with only the allowed ingredients on the Mannatech list and a protein the size of my palm.
- Evening – only water and two Ambrotose capsules. This was the hardest part for me: to give up chips and popcorn while watching a movie. But I decided if I spent money on this I am going to have self-control and stick to the plan.
Symptoms and side-effects
The first week was tough, I am not going to lie. The first couple days were great. I had all sorts of energy! But after about 3 days, my body started to heavily detox. I had these symptoms:
- pain throughout my body, and
- especially headaches.
After taking the Ambrotose in the evenings as I was supposed to, all this stopped.
Where do I go from here?
This journey is not over. In fact, it has just begun. Losing weight takes time. I am ‘OK’ with this. For once, my focus is on losing weight and moving forward in life knowing that I am working on being the healthiest that I can be.
Now that the first month is over, I won’t be going back to eating gluten or starch for every meal, I simply couldn’t lose weight doing that.
What I am doing for next month is keeping with this routine and replacing my lunch with fresh vegetables, salads and mostly fish. Breakfast will stay Vanilla Shakes as this fit my lifestyle. I am adding more fruit during the day.
I am looking forward to my goal weight and all the extra energy.